The crypto market has always been a colorful space, all things considered. Many countries are testing the mettle of the crypto community and they have proven resilient, all things considered.
There remain strong supporters of major currencies Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Solana. Meanwhile, a considerable amount of traders and investors are focusing on low-cap and hyped tokens we call meme coins. But before we start misjudging them, we have to realize that many of these hype tokens are starting to have actual use cases.
In the meme coin sector, there is another contender that is aiming to challenge the status quo. Truth be told, dog-inspired tokens have always dominated the scene, partially due to Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s staunch devotion to Dogecoin for many years.
But will the dogs remain the crypto meme gods forever? One token named Kitty Inu is on a mission to prove that these canine deities can indeed bleed.
In this Kitty Inu review article, we will tackle everything that there is to know about this new adorable token. Let us begin by satiating your curiosity about ‘What is Kitty Inu’?
What Is Kitty Inu?
Kitty Inu (KITTY) is a crypto token under the ERC-20 standard. The token launched in the second half of 2021, and is slowly gaining the attention of the crypto community. It has a maximum supply of 1 trillion KITTY.
According to its whitepaper, Kitty Inu is targeting two popular sub-spaces in crypto, namely decentralized finance (DeFi) and play-to-earn (P2E).
Aside from having its own cryptocurrency, Kitty Inu will have its own digital mascot, appropriately named Kitty. As per the website, this will function using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and will interact with the community as if it has its own mind altogether.
Now that we have answered the question, ‘what is Kitty Inu?’, let us proceed directly to our ‘How to Buy Kitty Inu’ guide.
How to Buy Kitty Inu?
As mentioned above, Kitty Inu token has a maximum supply of 1 trillion. These are currently available at decentralized exchanges (DEX) Uniswap and PancakeSwap.
- First, to buy Kitty Inu, make sure to create your own cryptocurrency wallet. Any wallet is fine, as long as it is compatible with ERC-20 tokens. Popular hot wallet options include MetaMask, Trust Wallet, My Ether Wallet, etc.
- You can also choose to create an account at a cryptocurrency exchange before making your own crypto wallet. This is because you need to have Ethereum in your wallet, which you will use to buy KITTY on Uniswap. Alternatively, you can buy Binance Coin if you want to buy KITTY on PancakeSwap.
- Once you have created an account at a cryptocurrency exchange, buy Ethereum or Binance Coin depending on how many KITTY tokens you want to have. If you already own either of these coins, you can skip this step.
Important: Swapping ETH or BNB to KITTY or to any other token requires a significant amount of gas fee. This is the payment for the network so that it will process your transaction. Make sure to buy extra ETH or BNB as gas fee, which you will be using shortly.
- Now that you have ETH or BNB, the next step is to withdraw from your exchange into your crypto wallet. To do this, go to your wallet page in your exchange app or platform and choose ‘Withdraw’. Select your ETH or BNB asset.
- Make sure to copy the wallet address where you want your ETH or BNB to be sent. Important: double-check the wallet address because you will lose your funds forever if you send it to the wrong destination. Also, if you choose to trade on PancakeSwap, you need to make sure that your BNB will be on the Binance Smart Chain network. This is very crucial that you do this correctly. Otherwise, you will not be able to use your fund on PancakeSwap at all.
- Once you have received your Ethereum balance, visit Uniswap. Conversely, if you bought Binance Coin, then PancakeSwap is the DEX you should open.
- Connect your wallet to start. You will be asked to authorize this process on your crypto wallet.
- Once you have connected your wallet, you may start buying KITTY. In the exchange tab of Uniswap or PancakeSwap, choose ETH or BNB, respectively.
- In the second option, input the correct smart contract address of KITTY. You can find the correct one by copying it from CoinMarketCap or CoinGecko.
- Since Kitty Inu is a relatively new token, you will be asked to import it.
- Upon choosing ‘Import’, you will also need to verify it. Read the warning and make sure that you have indeed copied the correct address. Tick the ‘I understand’ box and proceed with the token import.
- At this stage, you can now start buying Kitty Inu. however, if you want to make sure that you will see your KITTY in your crypto wallet, go to your wallet and import KITTY much in the same way you did in the DEX.
- Select the amount of ETH or BNB that you wish to swap to KITTY. Note that you will need to pay for gas as well, so you need to ensure that you have enough assets to cover for it.
- Select the ‘Swap’ option.
- Congratulations! You now have KITTY tokens! You can check your crypto wallet to see if your KITTY balance has been updated.
How to Play KittyKart
Now that we know how to buy Kitty Inu, let us proceed to the fun part: how to play KittyKart!
According to the Kitty Inu team, KittyKart is a free-to-play (F2P) and play-and-earn (P&E) racing game. At the time of writing, the game is in closed beta, which means that only players who have signed up for the trial and have been approved by the team will be able to play KittyKart.
As seen in the video, the player can choose his or her avatar for the race. For now, these are free. However, the game will allow players to customize their avatar and kart depending on preferences.
Aside from the KittyKart game, Kitty Inu revealed its plans to create a digital marketplace for buying and selling items, which are obtainable through the game. The team has not revealed further details regarding this, but they mentioned that KITTY will play a part in this marketplace.
Kitty Inu Frequently Asked Questions
Kitty Inu is a blockchain-based ecosystem that includes the KITTY token, the KittyKart game, and the Kitty Inu marketplace.
For those asking ‘how to buy Kitty Inu on Binance?’, the short answer is, you can’t. Binance has not listed Kitty Inu yet. For now, the best option is to buy ETH or BNB and swap on Uniswap or PancakeSwap, respectively.
A lot of meme coins have already been existing, especially under the ‘Inu’ category. While Kitty Inu identifies itself as one, it is inspired by a cat instead of a dog. So, for those who are asking ‘is Kitty Inu a good investment’, the answer is yes. It has good potential due to a growing community and a unique NFT gaming concept. However, traders need to buy based on adequate research given the volatile nature of cryptocurrencies.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article does not necessarily reflect the views of CryptoNewsLand (CNL). Readers of this article should not take this as financial advice. CNL strongly recommends that all users do their own in-depth research before investing in cryptocurrency.
Crypto News Land (cryptonewsland.com) , also abbreviated as “CNL”, is an independent media entity — we are not affiliated with any company in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry. We aim to provide fresh and relevant content that will help build up the crypto space since we believe in its potential to impact the world for the better. All of our news sources are credible and accurate as we know it, although we do not make any warranty as to the validity of their statements as well as their motive behind it. While we make sure to double-check the veracity of information from our sources, we do not make any assurances as to the timeliness and completeness of any information in our website as provided by our sources. Moreover, we disclaim any information on our website as investment or financial advice. We encourage all visitors to do your own research and consult with an expert in the relevant subject before making any investment or trading decision.